Accuratings is looking at
more than ways to inform consumers; we're looking
at ways to inform consumers more accurately.
Methods of research carry significant weight with
regard to the ultimate results.
Constantly reviewing and comparing methods of data
gathering, with the intention of industry
leadership, is a necessary element to the success
- Enterprise Survey Science >>
Click Categories to the left
PROCESS WITH A PURPOSE
REVIEWING THE MARKET RESEARCH ENTERPRISE
Accuratings works across numerous
services, industries and objectives. Data gathering
methods and respondent quantities seemingly sufficient for
one type of research may prove decidedly inappropriate for
Every product and service we provide at Accuratings is
developed with tactics and methods designed to produce
consistent, useful results. We seek to eliminate
many of the typical problems with market research by
consistently studying how we accomplish our tasks, and how
useful our client base perceives our results.
Market research is a combination of
applied sociology, psychology, statistics, communications
and analysis. The result is a grouping of all these
elements, and it is our job to perform these tasks reliably.
Accuratings' Enterprise Survey Science
seeks to regularly complete parallel studies utilizing
different and competing methodologies for the purpose of
comparison, process judgement and overall improvement of
our own products.
Accuratings: Core Research Philosophy
1) Clearly understand the goal,
and design each project exclusively toward that
2) Only gather data which is absolutely
necessary. Increase accuracy with brevity.
3) Carefully prepare reports which are concise,
written to the project and easily understood.
4) Above all, practice absolute impartiality in
every function and method.
research issues we encounter include:
DATA QUALITY: AN INDUSTRY
CONCERN WE RECOGNIZE
- For each task, exactly what information are we
attempting to gather, and for what distinct purpose?
- What is being done to further the goal of delivering
reliable, actionable data?
- What is the reason for every piece of information we
are asking from the respondent?
- Is there any extraneous line of questioning which can
be removed to expedite the process and avoid
- For the information we seek, what is the best way to
reach our intended target audience?
- Who exactly is our target audience for this project?
- What can we do to communicate our task to the
- Do the parameters we assign to a project make
adjustments for data seeming to be unreliable or
- Should we encourage the client to provide a premium to
the survey respondent? Would this cloud the
results of the particular project?
- How much interest will individuals express in
providing the information we seek?
- Is the roster of questions we're asking designed to
elicit accurate response rather than evoke emotion?
- For each project, what is the best method to randomly reach the intended sample?
- What research theories would we apply to accurately
assess automotive dealers in Marketplace A vs.
Marketplace B? Are we doing enough to study each
individual marketplace to design our methodology?
- Should we offer a cash reward for response? Does
this assist accurate response, or just response?
Is "just response" better than no response? Do we
provide a gauge of value between paid and unpaid,
- For this particular research, would a rank order
question generate different responses than a scale
question? Would either or both be sufficient
measurement? Do we duplicate efforts in
parallel and compare? (Rank order is placing all
potential items in order according to personal
preference; scale order is assigning a specific 1-5 or
1-10 value to each item according to the specified
parameters of the question.)
- Is this project primarily objective or subjective, and
are we performing adequately to task?
It is very
important to Accuratings to make the continuous review and
improvement of our methods a hallmark of our processes and
It is the
first goal of Accuratings to collect reliable, actionable data. We firmly believe the
actions we take to deliver quality products ultimately
prove beneficial when the consumer experience improves.
Accuratings Enterprise Survey Science is our
determination to work as a leader in the research
industry across all the markets we serve.
introductory document provides encouragement for thought
and consideration with regard to the business of
market/product research. This document does not
provide comprehensive methodology information. Any
trademark is employed for illustrative purposes